There are few things that stir my sense of nostalgia like the fleeting days of summer.
610. Back to school thoughts- No, there won’t be any yellow buses to catch or cute back packs to fill with colorful binders and pencil boxes. Instead, there are SAT’s to schedule, parking passes to purchase (my boy is a junior and will be driving to school before too long) and college tuition bills to consider (my girls is a sophomore in college and working part time). So Special…..those grade school years were, and foundational to their ongoing growth and successes, but summer’s end these days, calls for preparations of a different kind.
611. The scent of the late afternoon air in August.
612. A field of cat tails.
613. The song of the cicada.
Nothing spells summer’s end or awakens the childhood senses more than these.
614. A morning in the orchard, picking peaches.
615. An afternoon in the kitchen and home made treats..
616. Making every moment of these last few lazy days of summer count.
617. The Nostalgia of Summer’s End – makes for great additions to my 1000 gifts list, and even greater reflections…….. on all that was and is, and yet to come.
One thought on “THE NOSTALGIA OF SUMMER’S END”
Brings back fond memories of years gone by and brings on the anticipation of cool crisp autumn mornings.