Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones–Proverbs 16:24.
A short, midweek, get-a-way to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, allows for some much needed down time. As friendship is shared, and pleasant words exchanged…
my list of thankfulness is growing, and with it, plenty of sweetness to go around.
550. The lights and sights of the harbor by night.
551. Purple dragon boat rides in the harbor by day.
552. Hotel vending machines at midnight because the packed box of snacks isn’t accessible.
553. Conversations highlighting personal growth and rewards, through the rigors of ministry.
554. An open-mindedness—– no, it hasn’t changed “who” or “what” we are, but rather has shaped “how” we respond to the world around us.
555. Moments in life that keep us real…keep us grounded (usually the less than perfect & humbling).
556. Savoring “good food” moments in Little Italy (pizza and pastries and gelato galore)
557. $6.00 worth of cinnamon Jelly Belly’s, oh yeah!
558. Favor upon a daughter’s honesty at a concert ticket booth (not during this trip, but worth noting).
559. Kodak moments that define a summer lived to the fullest.
560. Camaraderie with other pastor friends and their families.
Pleasant words are a honeycomb–sweet to the soul and healing to the bones—speak them often. And every now and again, on the way to 1000 gifts of thankfulness — eat your dessert, FIRST!